- Category : SERVICE
As a registered professional architect, I can provide the following architectural services
Stage 1: Inception
1. Receive, appraise and report on the client’s requirements with regard to:
- the client’s brief.
- the site and rights and constraints.
- budgetary constraints.
- the need for consultants.
- methods of contracting.
Stage 2: Concept and Viability
1. Prepare an initial design and advise on:
- the intended space provisions and planning relationships.
- proposed materials and intended building services.
- the technical and functional characteristics of the design.
2. Check for conformity of the concept with the rights to the use of the land.
3. Review the anticipated costs of the project.
4. Review the project programme.
Stage 3: Design Development
1. Confirm the scope and complexity.
2. Review the design and consult with local and statutory authorities.
3. Develop the design, construction system, materials and components.
4. Incorporate all services and the work of consultants.
5. Review the design, costing and programme with the consultants.
Stage 4.1: Documentation and Procurement
1. Prepare documentation sufficient for local authority submission:
- co-ordinate technical documentation with the consultants and complete primary co-ordination.
- prepare specifications for the works.
- review the costing and programme with the consultants.
- obtain the client’s authority and submit documents for approval.
Stage 4.2: Complete construction documentation and proceed to call for tenders
1. Obtain the client’s authority to prepare documents to procure offers for the execution of the works.
2. Procure and obtain offers for the execution of the works.
3. Evaluate offers and recommend on the award of the building contract.
4. Prepare the contract documentation (and arrange the signing of the building contract)
Stage 5: Construction – Contract Administration
1. Hand over the site to the contractor.
2. Issue construction documentation.
3. Initiate and/or check sub-contract design and documentation as appropriate.
4. Inspect the works for conformity to the contract documentation.
5. Administer and perform the duties and obligations assigned to the principal agent in the JBCC building agreements, or fulfill the obligations provided for in other forms of contract.
6. Issue the certificate of practical completion.
7. Assist the client to obtain the occupation certificate
Stage 6: Close out
1. Fulfill and complete the project close-out including the preparation of the necessary documentation to facilitate the effective completion, handover and operation of the project.
2. After the contractor’s obligations with respect to the building contract are fulfilled, the architect shall issue the certificates related to contract completion.
3. Provide the client with as-built drawings and relevant technical and contractual undertakings by the contractor and sub-contractors.